5 August 2014

Posted by JASON 07:35 No comments





When both my wife and me arrived on 18 July morning, a tall concierge staff wearing black attire opened the doors very professionally, this began the great impression we have of this wonderful hotel! The day before reaching, I made a call to the concierge asking if city tours are available. When I reached, Kelvin immediately asked if I was the one that called. I said yes, and we had great service from him regarding the tours and other concerns we had. We were in fact very pleased w/ the whole concierge team, very knowledgeable and friendly. 

The check in was speedy, and because of IHG membership, we was given 2 complimentary vouchers to redeem drinks from the lounge, and free WiFi in our room (speed was ok). I must point out this is the 2nd time I stayed in a crowne plaza hotel, and both times they provided facilities and things in the room much more than what I needed. Very detailed, even a weighing machine was there. The pillow seems tired though, the aromatherapy (sleep advantage) provided wasn't as good as that at amsterdam south branch. Thanks for the daily newspaper in the morning. 

Our dinner at the chinese restaurant was great, yummy food and friendly service. Hope to try out the buffet breakfast (quite highly priced as in Beijing) on ground floor in future, and angus steak restaurant looks really good but also too pricey as compared locally, thus gave a miss first to try out others- famous chinese restaurants outside. 

The area around this hotel seems safe, and very near to many attractions. Normally, we will either take cab (cheap) or the train (fast + super cheap rmb2 per trip). Wangfujing street nearby is also great to walk and shop. Everything was easily accessed within/ around the hotel. The check out could be a little quicker w/ an express initiative/queue. Again, the concierge team excels-asked if need to have my luggage to be park with them first, while waiting to check out. I also requested for a taxi to airport which they got a comfortable cab for me promptly. 

For this overall great service, I am impressed with my IHG membership, which includes now two of my favourite hotel chains- holiday inn and now crowne plaza. Many thanks to the whole team in crowne plaza wangfujing for such great memories and service!

Crowne Plaza Hotel, Wangfujing Beijing

No. 48 Wangfujing Avenue Dongcheng District Beijing, BJ 100006 China (People's Republic)
T: +86-10-59119999 
E: info@crowneplazabj.com
http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/beijing/pegwf/hoteldetail



0 comments:

Post a Comment